The Village of Great Budworth
In the Domesday Book there is a reference to a priest at Great Budworth. The church and its living were given to the Augustinian canons of Norton Priory by William FitzNigel, Constable of Chester and Baron of Halton in 1130. Geoffrey de Dutton was an early benefactor of the church, as later were the Booths of Twemlow. The oldest part of the present church, the Lady Chapel, dates from the 14th century; the rest of the church from the 15th and 16th centuries. Rowland Egerton-Warburton of Arley Hall paid for a restoration of the church in the 1850s
St Mary and All Saints Church, Great Budworth, is in the centre of the village of Great Budworth, Cheshire, England. Great Budworth is a civil parish and village, approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Northwich, England, within the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire. It lies off the A559 road, east of Comberbach, northwest of Higher Marston and southeast of Budworth Heath. Until 1948, Great Budworth was part of the Arley Hall estate.
The early history of Great Budworth is documented in the Domesday Book, which mentions a priest at Great Budworth. In 1130,St Mary and All Saints Church was given to the Augustinian canon of Norton Priory by William FitzNigel, Constable of Chester and Baron of Halton.